Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Roma Tomato


I went out onto my back balcony this morning, looked down at my Vegie Patch and was so very excited by the colour of red :-)

So out i went in my pajamas to see and pick off our 1st 3 home grown tomatoes!!!!!! Bella of course came running out too with my excitement & it was so lovely to see her reaction to what we had grown ourselfs from just a seedling of a plant!!

I will make a salad tonight and put our home grown tomatos in it, we can't wait to try them and hope that they taste like yummy roma tomatos!
I would like to share this quote i found -

"I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation. It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mosses from and Old Manse

No comments:

Post a Comment